SALMON SUSHI ROLL
This recipe is unique but fun to do with your kids or friends! Host a sushi-making party and have everyone roll their own. The mats can be bought off of Amazon for very cheap, and it makes food fun! The best part is that the salmon can be purchased anywhere and doesn’t need to be raw!
- 1/3 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 sheet dried nori
- 1/2 can Blue Harbor Wild Pink Salmon
- few pieces cucumber cut into strips
- few pieces avocado
- Drizzle of spicy mayo
- Soy sauce and wasabi to garnish
- 3 parts mayo
- 1 part sriracha (or more if you like it hot!)
- Add to a ziplock baggy and cut the tip to pipe it onto the roll
- Cook the rice to bag instructions.
- On a sushi bamboo mat, add a piece of nori. Cover ¾ of the nori in the rice pressing into a thin layer.
- Then add the cucumber, avocado, chunks of gorgeous salmon, a sprinkle of scallions, and the spicy sauce.
- Now for the rolling, I am no sushi expert, but I find it best to create it and squeeze it into a roll, place it back down on the counter, and scrunch it real tight with my fingers. Uncover the roll, wet your finger with water, and run it along the nori to seal it shut. Keep rolling, and voila!
- Take a wet knife and cut through the middle first, then into even pieces!
- Serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger, wasabi, and some chopsticks!