Let's face it, that's the fancy way of saying apple sauce. It's apple sauce. And it's delicious. And you need it in your fridge at all times this fall!
- 6 Honeycrisp apples peeled, and cubed
- 1-2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- Peel and cut the apples into cubes.
- Add one cup of water, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a pot over medium heat. Add the apples and bring to a simmer.
- This is a wee bit of a process and differs in time, but when the water cooks off, add more water, 1/4 cup at a time, until you reach your desired thickness.
- I used about 2 cups in total. I like it thick with some texture, but go ahead and blend it and smooth it out!
- I love this on my oatmeal, as a snack, or as a condiment with a pork chop or chicken breast.