Tuna Sandwich Pasta Salad
This is a tuna salad sandwich — but served as a room temperature pasta salad IN. A. BOWL. Did I also mention this is extremely high in protein, nutrients and we only use the highest quality Blue Harbor Tuna? You got that right! MSC certified canned tuna!
- 8 ox gluten-free pasta
- 3 cans of blue harbor tuna
- 1 cup veganaise (or standard mayo)
- 1 tbsp Dijon (or two if you like it with a kick)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 3.5 oz jar of capers drained
- 4 stalks of celery hearts sliced diagonally thin
- 1/4 red onion cut paper thin (or sub scallions)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- celery leaves optional
- Start by cooking the pasta (box instructions). If you don't have time to cool it completely, run it under cold water.
- I prep all the ingredients to make assembly easy: drain the Blue Harbor Tuna, slice the celery, drain the capers, chop the dill, slice the onion and add it to a bowl with the apple cider vinegar for a quick pickle and measure everything else.
- Add the cooled pasta, veganaise, Dijon, salt, pepper, chili flakes, pickled onions, and capers in a bowl. Combine well and coat each noodle. Add the celery and dill and combine well!
- Using a fork, gently remove the tuna from the can so it remains in large, gorgeous chunks. Gently combine.
- Garnish with the celery leaves and more dill and serve!
- Packed with clean protein, omegas, healthy fats, and fresh ingredients! Like a tuna salad sandwich but with PASTA.
My ethos for cooking is good, QUALITY ingredients, which is why I choose Blue Harbor Fish Co. Blue Harbor products are MSC certified — for those that don’t know, it’s the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC): a global certification program that recognizes sustainable fishing practices and supply chains that are keeping oceans healthy for generations to come! We are what we eat!