Cleaned Up Tuna Casserole
TUNA CASSEROLE 🥘 but make it clean and with @blueharborfishco. This retro classic is re-invented with better-for-you ingredients and lots of flavor using everyday ingredients. Kiddo and family-friendly, try this tonight!
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 large shallot (or ½ cup)
- 2 cups frozen organic vegetables – we used frozen peas, carrots, and corn, but you can also use fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 3 cans Blue Harbor Wild Albacore
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup panko or crushed crackers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large cast iron pan (with a lid) – we used the 30-inch Le Creuset Braiser, melt butter and saute the onion or shallot for 2-3 min.
- Add the frozen veg and cook for another 2 min on medium until cooked.
- Add both cans of coconut milk, mix together, then add in the pasta and 1.5 cups of cheese.
- Pop in the oven with the lid on for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, gently flake in large chunks of the tuna. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Put it back in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs are golden brown!
- Set it for about 10 minutes, and then serve with some fresh dill! Yum!