Open Faced Tuna Melt
This is what dreams are made of and is my specialty. The trick is to keep the tuna in nice big chunks. This one has a twist with the peppers and jalapeno, but you will love it.
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 jalapeño with no seeds
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup veganaise
- 3 cans Blue Harbor Wild Albacore Tuna
- 2 slices lightly toasted sourdough
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Dill to garnish
- It is all in how you slice the celery, red pepper, and jalapeño. Tiny little cubes. This is important.
- Add everything up until the tuna to a bowl. Keeping the tuna in nice chunks is key, so fold the ingredients together lightly.
- Lightly toast your bread. Top with a generous mound of tuna salad.Top with a tomato slice or two and the cheddar.
- Broil or toast until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Devour immediately. Thank me later.