TUNA POKE BOWL
I love a poke bowl, but I don't love handling raw fish. So thanks to Blue Harbor, their canned Tuna is a perfect alternative for this gorgeous, colorful, and tasty poke bowl!
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice cooked according to the package
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 Persian cucumber sliced thin
- 1/2 small mango cuber
- 1/4 large avocado cubed
- pickled red onions
- Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro
- Optional: seaweed to eat with
- 1 can Blue Harbor Wild Albacore Tuna
- 2 tbsp veganaise or mayo
- 2 tsp gochujang or hot sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Add extra gochujang to serve
- Start by cooking your sushi rice to the package instructions. You'll want this slightly cooled to serve.
- Next, prep all your vegetables, mango, and garnishes, making assembling the bowl fun and easy.
- If you didn't pickle your onions in advance, go ahead and do that now; by the time you're done assembling, they will be picked JUST enough.
- Drain the liquid from your can of tuna, and add the tuna to a small mixing bowl. Try not to break up the beautiful chunks of tuna – add the mayo, gochujang, and soy sauce, and you are done!
- Then assemble the bowl! Make it beautiful and have fun. I add some extra gochujang, but if you want a spicy mayo sauce, make a double batch above, pour half on the tuna, and save half for the finished bowl!