Gluten-Free Chicken Cutlets
One of my favorite proteins to enjoy with some yummy veg, on a salad, or the go. Kids love them also! It's a family hit! Make a double batch and freeze half of them for easy weeknight meals. They are seriously flavorful, juicy, and delish — you won't know they are good for you!
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup gluten-free Aleia's brand breadcrumbs
- 1 cup gluten-free Aleia's brand ITALIAN breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp blackening spice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayo (I use veganaise)
- 3 tbsp water
- Start by adding the chicken breasts to a plastic bag. Using a meat mallet, give them a heavy swack and pound them to 1/3-inch thick.a
- Prepare dredge bowls; mix both the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and blackening spice in one shallow bowl. Whisk together the eggs, mayo, and water in another shallow bowl.
- With tongs, coat the chicken in the egg mixture. Then, coat it in the breadcrumb mixture. Rest on a wire cooling rack. Repeat with every piece of chicken!
- I use an air-fryer for this recipe as it is QUICK. Set the air-fryer to 375 degrees. For the larger filets, cook for 7-10 minutes.Or in an oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides!
When it comes to weeknight dinners, anything that is frozen and can be popped in the oven is a must, especially with all of our busy schedules. Unfortunately, most frozen food options have chemicals, preservatives, and additives that are unnecessary and terrible for our health. Also, gone are the days when kids and parents eat different meals. Freeze these uncooked for up to a couple of months! If you are okay with gluten, don’t worry about the gluten-free bread crumbs; they will work fine. The mayo is optional but adds a rich element to the coating, which I love. You don’t have to use both breadcrumbs; I like either or, but together they make magic!