Buffalo Chicken Tacos
A few people in my life love buffalo and love tacos. These are barely a recipe, but man, are they ever easy and a HUGE HIT! Perfect for a crowd.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle primal kitchen cashew buffalo sauce
- 20 organic corn tortillas
- 8 oz cheddar
- avocado, jalepeno, cilantro for garnish
- protein ranch for dipping
- This is a recipe where mise en place is crucial. So start with poaching the chicken. Bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil, add the chicken breasts, turn the heat off and leave covered for 20 minutes. Once done, add to a food processor and pulse several times to create "shredded chicken."
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Add the whole bottle of cashew buffalo sauce and give it a good stir. Grate the cheese and get ready to assemble.
- Give them a light coating of non-stick cooking spray on two large baking sheets. place all the tortillas down and spritz them as well. Throw in the oven for 5 minutes to warm up a bit. This keeps them from breaking.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven and get ready to assemble them. I stack all the tortillas at one end of the baking sheet to make room to stuff them.
- I add a couple of tablespoons of the chicken mix to one side of the tortilla, sprinkle it with 1-2 tablespoons of cheese, and fold it in half. Repeat until they are all done (you will have some chicken left over but save it).
- Bake them for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, give them a flip, squish them down, and bake for another 15 minutes. They should be crispy and bubbly. If they aren't throw them back in for another 5-10 minutes. (All ovens are different)
- Add them to a plate with the protein ranch and sprinkle some cubed avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno slices. These will be gone in no time.