Canned Tuna Nicoise
The most photograph friendly salad there ever was. Who needs fresh tuna when you have canned? Blue Harbor Wild Albacore Tuna is sustainably caught and MSC certified – you know you are eating 100% sustainable and traceable fish from populations that will remain productive and healthy for generations to come. Use your heart with this recipe and serve a crowd!
- 3 cans Blue Harbor Wild Albacore Tuna
- 3 tbsp of my everyday dressing
- 2 heads butter, Boston, or little gem lettuce or a mix (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 cup green beans blanched
- 8 small red potatoes boiled and cooked
- 3 6-minute jammy hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3 Persian cucumbers sliced lengthwise using a mandolin
- 1-2 avocados halved and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced thin
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup dill roughly chopped
- small handful Caper berries halved
- 1/3 cup more of Everyday dressing to dress the rest of the salad
- There is only a little to this except just some beautiful assembly and arranging.
- Start by making a batch of my everyday dressing – heavy on the dill! (linked above in the ingredient list)
- Open and drain your tuna, pour a tbsp of the dressing into each can, and let it marinate while you assemble the salad.
- The first step is to prep everything: wash and dry the lettuce, blanch the green beans, boil and strain the potatoes, hard boil the eggs, halve the tomatoes, thinly mandolin slice the cucumber + onion, strain the kalamata olives and give them a rough chop, slice the caper berries in half, de-pit and slice the avocado, coarse chop the dill.
- Once everything is fully prepped it makes it easier to imagine what the larger salad will look like — Now assemble!
- I love separating everything into its little sections, but you can layer it and have fun – use your heart and make it pretty!!!